Ednabarber777, Both Buyer and Seller in Washington, DC

What is the role of a title company when fraud has been committed? ednabarber777@aol.com

Asked by Ednabarber777, Washington, DC Wed Aug 21, 2013

Answers

5
In my opinion, the role of a title company in the event of fraud; the title company is a third party who doesn't represent neither the Buyer nor the Seller. The title company represents the contract and they adhere to what is written on that contract. So they must provide all information, documents and knowledge, relevant or unrelevant to the transaction, in my professional opinion. But over all the best answer I can give is to seek legal counsel.
Title insurance is purchased for this very reason, among others. Consult the attorney at the title company and then, if you are not satisfied, consult with your own real estate attorney.
Hi Ednabarber777!! Consult your title company.
Minus the details essential to this scenario, your best bet would be to consult with your title company directly.
Thank you for your response. As per our 22 Aug 13 telephone reply, appreciate your taking the time to speak with me.
Flag Thu Aug 22, 2013
First you should ensure that you have title insurance. If so the title company will fight on your behalf to make sure the title is taken care of and that you are listed as the rightful owners.