Donnia barak, Home Owner in Glendale, AZ

What is the legal process to remove someone from a Property Title in a divorce?

Asked by Donnia barak, Glendale, AZ Sun Feb 10, 2013

My ex-husband wants to buy out my interest in the house, how can I get immediate cash payout, and how should I transfer my rights of the house to him, (I am afraid that He can make something illegal or fraud to me). What is the correct process? what kind of documents should I used? should I sign to him the final declaration where I am going to ceding my rights of the house to my ex husband without receiving the money from the house? (It seems strange sign the final stipulation without receiving the money, right?) any tips for this negotiation? the mortgage is only in his name. His lawyer told me that I need to sign the final stipulation for judgment in which they wrote: '' $30,000.00 shall be retained in respondent's attorney's client's trust account, and paid to petitioner, in care of her attorney, on the date the judgment of Dissolution of marriage is entered''. Do i need to trust in my ex husband' lawyer? Why he doesn't want to pay this $30,000.00 in cash or money order to me?

Answers

6
With all due respect and courtesy...this is a legal question and we are not attorneys.Since this is related to a divorce...surely you had your own attorney you can ask?

Best of luck.
I agree to all answers below - best way to find out answers to all your questions is by contacting an attorney.
You need help and representation from a legal attorney.

Check this website for help: http://www.avvo.com

Hi Donnia,

Do not trust your ex husbands' attorney (he is representing your ex husband, not you). Trust your attorney. Ask your attorney how you should proceed - they are representing you.

Shanna Rogers
SR Realty
http://www.RealtyBySR.com
Donnie, I'm sorry that you are in this situation but this is more than a Real Estate question and you really need to be consulting with with your attorney.
Seriously, Donnia, this is a bunch of legal questions..........not just real estate related, but matrimonial, too................and the only person you should reach out to for advice is ........your attorney!

No one online can, or should, even attempt to offer help.

Good luck............