Christina Sn…, Home Buyer in East Deering, Portland...

Moving to Steiner Ranch

Asked by Christina Snell, East Deering, Portland, ME Thu Jun 6, 2013

My husband and I are considering moving back into town now that we have a 14 month old. We are 95% set on Steiner Ranch, mostly due to the amenities the community seems to offer.

I wanted to know what you, the residents of Steiner Ranch think of the community and, if you had the opportunity to make the decision again if you would do so. We understand that traffic is a given, as it is with any large city so that doesn't concern us.

Our primary concern is our son, a great community for him to grow up in, great schools for him to attend.

I will not lie when I say that I am also looking for other SAHM to get together with.

Looking forward to hearing from you regarding your experiences in Steiner Ranch.

Christi and John

Answers

5
Christi, I do not live in Steiner Ranch myself, but live nearby and have many, many friends and clients who live there, and I spend a lot of time with them and stay connected. They all seem to be very very happy with their decision and love living there! Overall, Steiner Ranch is an awesome master-planned community and there are many many benefits to that area, both within Steiner Ranch and just outside of Steiner Ranch. These include access to the lakes, nearby shopping, golf courses, an airstrip, etc. And there are also other SAHM's of course as it is a very large community. They also have a great wine club of which I am a member, Steiner's Winers...

If you're not yet working with a specific Realtor, I would be happy to help you as I do specialize in this area and have been doing so for many years. I am a top agent with the #1 rated Real Estate company in the United States and and Austin, Keller Williams Realty, and am a Master Instructor who teaches Buyer Representation, Relocation, Negotiations, etc. I also have a great team I have assembled of lenders, inspectors, etc. to assist us throughout the process. Additionally, I do not charge anything for my extensive services and work very hard seven days a week to exceed my clients expectations!

Feel free to call me and I will do all I can to assist. Joe

Joe Jarusinsky, Realtor/Master Instructor, Keller Williams Realty, Austin's #1 Real Estate Company, Ranked #1 by Buyers and Sellers (JD Power & Assoc. 2012) Call 512-261-4415
I moved to Steiner Ranch about 3 years ago. We had lived several places, the last being Dallas and were looking for a neighborhood that our boys could grow up in. I searched several neighborhoods before deciding on Steiner. Westlake, Lakeway, and River Place. I loved River Place because it was closer to my husband's work and also had great schools, but homes were older and more expensive than Steiner. We chose Steiner primarily because we got a lot of house for our money and it was a newer home. We are very happy with the decision. We love our neighborhood and the friends we have made here. It's kind of like being in a small town. You see the same folks at school, the grocery store (we finally got one in the neighborhood), the gym, church, and at one of the restaurants we have in Steiner.
Steiner is beautiful everywhere you turn. The landscape is incredible. The hiking and biking trails are super. There are three pools in the neighborhood and several parks, basketball courts, tennis courts, and of course, the lake.
On another note, the traffic is horrible at rush hour! Hopefully, the 2222 will soon get another turning lane and it will help with that. Tax rate is 2.83%. And home prices are going up everyday.
Even with the traffic, we love it here and love our neighbors. I hope this helps. I know how hard it is to move to a new place and start all over. Good luck and if I can help you any more, give me a call.
Steiner Ranch is great community for families, and you get a lot of house for the money. People love the family atmosphere and the amenities. As you mentioned, the commute to downtown is the complaint.(Although, like you said....it is no different than any other large city)

Feel free to visit my website where there is quick link on the home page for available homes in Steiner Ranch. Enjoy your 14 month old....these times are great. My son is a little older, and they do so much every day.

Please feel free to contact me anytime without obligation. I would be happy to discuss your relocation.

Steve Nusinow
(512)922-7588
My wife and I built a house in Steiner Ranch, and sold it 2 years later. It is a lovely area, and if you are looking for other stay at home moms with young kids, it could very well be the place for you. While we enjoyed being near the Lake, the rest of the lifestyle did not fit us. It's at least a 30 minute drive to just about any where else in Austin, not just due to traffic, but the distances involved and lack of road choices. The community is great for families with young kids, but would not recommend it for SINKs or DINKs.
Hi Christina,
I have been a real estate agent for over 11 years and know the Four Points area very well. I have lived in River Place, Steiner Ranch, and Grandview Hills...so I know them all very well! Even within the one subdivision of Steiner Ranch, there are different "neighborhoods" that each have a different flavor and feel. I would be happy to meet with you to discuss the pros and cons of each area and the different "flavor" of the various areas and neighborhoods. Just give me a call!

Margaret Jolly
512-496-2281
margaretjollyhomes.com