Home Ownership in 11205>Question Details

Nickjflint, Home Buyer in Brooklyn, NY

Is there a rough rule of thumb for calculating condo insurance without having to go to insurance companies?

Asked by Nickjflint, Brooklyn, NY Sun Jul 7, 2013

Answers

5
Why not simply shop around and ask for free estimates, rather than relying on guesswork....
I'm a strong proponent of the THUMB!
You can use it for buying a car, a refrigerator or Insurance!

Why are you Obsessive Compulsive about Insurance Salesmen?
Why would I want to go through the process of getting a quote when doing calculations on dozens of properties> Does that make me obsessive compulsive? Here's a tip genius - a community of 'experts' is really only valuable and appealing to interact with when they aren't douchebags posting offensive remarks. If you don't have anything intelligent to add, why waste your time and mine?
Flag Sun Jul 7, 2013
Gee I wonder....
Flag Sun Jul 7, 2013
No, your best bet is to go directly to a homeowner insurance agent. Get quotes from more than one agency.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
RE/MAX Palm Realty
tammyhayesre@gmail.com
http://www.tammyhayes.remax-florida.com/
Also, the price for insurance really is not usually all that high. I have had assist my buyers in getting multi million dollar policies for their properties and they come out to only a few hundred for the year.

Any home owners insurance company should be happy to give you a quote. I have gotten quotes for my customers before even - without giving any personal information.
The possible range of insurance coverage is just too big for a generic rule of thumb. It can be as little as $5/month to $500+/month for a luxury condo.
Web Reference: http://www.archershomes.com