Home Ownership in Wisconsin>Question Details

ms.versace, Home Buyer in Wisconsin

Is land buying smart?

Asked by ms.versace, Wisconsin Tue Dec 11, 2012

I have been house hunting for a year now and I have yet to like a house and win a bid! Frustrating!! I was talking to a house builder the build in the sub prime era but has since got out, and he recommended that I build, and find land like a farm that is looking to liquidate a few acres. Now I know NOTHING about such a thing! Is it reasonable to build for a first time home owner? How do I find such land or cheap land? Im not one for subdivisions and all their rules so I would ideally like just land either with or without city sewer/water. Is this all even possible and how much does such an idea cost?? My realtor, well is not much help I feel.
TIA

Answers

4
Buying land is a solid investment, but you need someone to guide you thru the process and get a feel for what you can do with the land as well as understanding mineral rights. There is a lot of concerns, but with steady communication and willingness, you can get smart enough to do your own thing. If you would consider western Wisconsin, I could send you some examples of lots/land listings and then we can discuss them. Please feel free to call/email me anytime for guidance and info. I would love to help you out,

Charlie Tiffany
715-495-1022
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 12, 2012
purchasing land is a good investment whether you build or not, you can always sell plots or plant a garden, a u pick area and use it for many creative garden projects for lease or education, always good to build a house on as well. Good luck!
Yes, always as more humans will occupy our world, but land will n o t grow further and be more.
In the long run, land value can even be better than Gold or Silver.
If your Realtor is not much help, find a new Realtor. Some would have more experience in what you're looking for than others.
Thank you for the reply
But I signed the paper/agreement...He said realtors only work in MLS and what I am looking for will not be in MLS...
Flag Tue Dec 11, 2012