Home Ownership in El Paso>Question Details

Dc7871093, Home Buyer in Kerrville, TX

I'm looking for a retirement home. I love the look of the houses in El Paso. Why are they so close together and can I get something less than?

Asked by Dc7871093, Kerrville, TX Wed Apr 3, 2013

$50k ?

Answers

3
Unless I want to go "underwater" I cannot go above what I'm comfortable paying - so a fixer upper is probably what I will buy. Also, its been my observation that when you pack people in subdivisions "on top of each other" you have breeding grounds for crime. I was hoping that builders would have figured that out by now. Guess I'll just wait...thanks for your comments
Great question. There are a diverse amount of subdivisions in El Paso. Some homes are closer than others. For the most part, a $50,000 home will probably fall under "Fixer Upper".

Jorge Reyes
915-491-5522
Jorge@TheRealEstatePowerHouses.com
Builders want to maximize their profit so they put the homes closer together so they can get more homes in a subdivision. It saves on infrastructure costs like water and sewer lines too. For more space you have to get a little more rural like the upper or lower valley. For $50k you would be looking at a serious fixer upper or a mobile home.
Web Reference: http://Elpasohomesradio.com