Home Ownership in Bridgeport>Question Details

Danielle You…, Home Buyer in Bridgeport, CT

I am looking into purchasing a home. With me being a single mother and first time home buyer where do i start?

Asked by Danielle Young, Bridgeport, CT Mon Oct 22, 2012

Answers

6
I am an agent, property manger and investor and manage a run over 150 properties and units in Bridgeport.The company i am with also has a GC liscense(general contrator) I work with many different agencies and the City Of Bridgeport. There is a lot of good advice here but I will "give" you a amazing lead. I hope they can help you and if I can help you with anything else please feel free to call me 203-610-1791.
Call and set up a meeting with the Bridgeport Neighborhood Trust.
http://www.bntweb.org/
Call and ask for Beverly Hoppie, Homeownership Education Director
beverly@bntweb.org
Tell her Marcus from Blue Camel sent you.

Their Mission
The mission of Bridgeport Neighborhood Trust is to strengthen communities by embracing a comprehensive revitalization approach through advocacy, education, investment, and technical support.
At BNT, it’s no coincidence that trust is our last name. In fact, it’s the principle behind every project that we do. We bring nearly a quarter of a century of experience and an impressive tally of results: including 97 new affordable housing units, 681 lead-safe apartments, and 386 families who achieved the American dream with BNT’s help.
These totals equate to mission success, so Bridgeport folks know they can trust BNT to get the job done. We’re committed to Bridgeport and serious about solutions… and we don’t leave houses or people hanging when they need help most.
Hello Danielle

Congratulations on making the choice to be a home owner. The process can seem over whelming at first. We specialize in helping first time home buyers, hand holding them every step of the way. We clearly explain the process the work with you from the start to finish.

Additionally, we have excellent professionals in our network who can give you terrific guidance on mortgages, inspections, etc

Feel free to call me at your convenience, and I would love to talk to you about some of the bargain properties today.

Nick Gandhi
Equity Capital Real Estate
(203) 280 3838
Hi Danielle,

First, go into your bank or financial institution and sit down with the mortgage person. Have them check your credit etc. and get you pre-qualified for a loan. You need to know what you can afford and what programs may help you as a first time buyer.

Second, once you know how much you can afford - a combination of your down payment, and monthly payments for the mortgage, taxes and insurance, start looking on-line. See what your money will buy and where. Research the schools, crime, transportation anything that might be important to YOU.

Now go out to public open houses. Actually see what's for sale in the areas of interest. If there aren't a lot of public open houses in the area, sign up with a Realtor. Ask friends or relations for a recommendation. Sing up for a limited time at first, a month or so. You need to make sure that you and this agent are a good fit going forward.

Hopefully as you start you'll meet good folks who will make your needs and not a commission check the top priority.
Jay Cooke
First thing to do is call me! I'll walk you through every step of the process and be honest with you from our first talk. Give me a call at 203-996-5363. If you'd like to take a look at my website first, here you go: http://www.johnrodican.com Have a great day!
Web Reference: http://www.johnrodican.com
I'm a realtor and am able to get you in contact with a lender. You can call me at 203-218-2229. Lynn
Buying a home in todays market can be a difficult thing, but with the guidance of an experieced team of experts to help you along the way it can make things a lot easier. My team has over 40 years experience helping people like yourself buy a home here in Bridgeport. I would like to set up a time to sit with you in my office and go over how we can help you. Jst let me know when you are available and we would be glad to sit down with you. My direct number is 203-521-7757.

Steven Lage
Century 21 Greengarden
4942 Main Street
Bridgeport, CT 06606