Home Ownership in Valhalla>Question Details

Nysky123, Home Owner in Valhalla, NY

How does the price go in stonegate area in Valhalla (10595) in 2013? I saw asking price is little bit better than 2012. How the price may go?

Asked by Nysky123, Valhalla, NY Tue May 21, 2013

Answers

2
Hello Nysky,

The answer to your question is fairly simple. The Stonegate or better area of Valhalla has seen a bump in valuation, but the taxes remain an important, yet relative issue. Home price to tax ratio is my rule of thumb. Town services are not what they once were and therefore don't recommend the lower (Town) aspect of Valhalla, as that area is congested and parking is a nightmare.

As an investor, I would compare the same style home and features to that of a home in White Plains. Gedney Farms, Ridgeway and the Rosedale sections are the best in my opinion. City services, hospitals and stores along with a fiscally responsible government and general services must be considered too.

Do your financial homework, visit the area and talk to some of the neighbors, then hire an experienced Realtor. You can Google Lee McTigue of Julia B. Fee (Sothebys). Remember, you get what you pay for. Also, consult a Real Estate attorney who can navigate you through stressful task of buying and moving. Good luck!
Hi: I can help you analyze that question by doing a trailing 10 year analysis for the neighborhood. It's easy for me to do, but takes a little bit of time. Once you see my analysis, you will understand exactly where the prices & values are going in that neighborhood. If you want to speak about it, please call me at 914-273-9688. I look forward to speaking with you. Sincerely, Michael F. Levy, Principal Broker, Grand Lux Realty. http://www.GrandLuxRealty.com.

We're looking for more agents & offer commission splits up to 90% with no fees.

If you know anybody who might be interested, I'll pay you up to $2,000 each for your agent recruits.