Home Ownership in Charlotte>Question Details

Trulia Charl…, Other/Just Looking in Charlotte, NC

How can one make a good first impression to their new HOA?

Asked by Trulia Charlotte, Charlotte, NC Thu Nov 29, 2012

I would buy them a cheese log.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 30, 2012
Good question. I would start by offering to join a committee or the board. Being a Realtor and on the board of my HOA; I can attest to the fact that not enough people want to get involved in the process of joining the board or committies to help out in the community.

There is a lot you can do as a home owner in a community and you have the right to speak up... i always highly recommend that new home owners attend the first avaialble meeting and get a feel for what the board is like and ask for they can do to help out in the neighborhood to make it a better place for everyone to live.

From experience it goes a long way. besides helping out in a HOA is a great way to help preserve the community and make it an enjoyable place for everyone to live.

Dave dicecco
Show up to a board meeting and volunteer to do something in the Community. Beautification is always appreciated.. Important things often undone are: insurance as required by the covenants, a replacement reserve study done and properly funded and financial safeguards and bonded board members to prevent dues from disappearing. Of course, pay dues on time. If you appreciate an answer, please give thumbs up. For the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a best answer click.
By following the rules & regulations! Also, paying your HOA dues on time is a big plus as well!
Well the HOA is there to protect the quality of life in the community and also the value of your home. I would begin by making sure your dues are paid on time and also attend meetings when called. There are usually groups of committees that you may want to be a part of to insure the HOA is taking care of business. Be an asset to your community. Work with fellow members of committees to bring something concrete to the meetings. Dont be a complainer, there are so many people join these committees just to get back at a neighbor they do not like. There are covenants and restrictions to guide you thru any issues that arise in your community. Be fair to fellow home owners they are there to enjoy the community as you are and live in peace. Dont use the HOA to get back at a fellow neighbor. When an HOA is run based on the covenants and restrictions HOA's are beneficial, but when side groups use their power to bring hardache to neighbors then I am not for them.