Home Ownership in 30028>Question Details

Willall72, Home Buyer in New York, NY

Does Legendary Communities honor their warranties?

Asked by Willall72, New York, NY Sat Oct 12, 2013

I just purchased a Legendary home (which I love). However, I am seeing some shoddy craftsmanship that I missed during my walk throughs. I know they are sister companies to Silver Creek, which had dubious reviews. I am just curious if anyone has had bad experiences with Legendary.

Answers

3
Many buyers dont think to hire an inspector when buying a new home.... most builders hire contractors to do the work, so I always recommend contracting for a new construction inspection. It may cost a bit more but having someone that know what should be done at each phase of the constuction will keep the contractors on their toes!
I have sold several Legendary homes and the company has and still honors their builder warranty.

Lori Warden
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 13, 2013
Folks any new construction these days seems shoddy, especially in the Atlanta Metro, even in the higher priced homes, that is unless you had hired the builder yourself on your own property. All these subdivisions are just cookie cutter homes made in mass production. Never just do a walk through, hire a home inspector to go over the home with a fine tooth comb. I owned a brand new Pulte home in Duluth, any problem I had, the warranty guy would stop by with his caulk gun to fix everything. And what could not be fixed with that caulk gun, they would try to get out of fixing. You see when it comes to these subdivisions, the agent, or the builder for that matter, is not working for you, they are there to sell a product, you get to pick colors etc, however, this is NOT a custom home. If you are not working with a REALTOR, hire one! But, Before you sign any paperwork, have your attorney review it especially new construction. If you are not familiar with home construction, learn about it before you purchase, do your homework on the builder too. And lastly, new construction is more costly than buying an older home, you will be buying landscape items, window treatments etc. Good luck!!