General Area in Camarillo>Question Details

Blanca Dover, Real Estate Pro in Camarillo, CA

Do you feel that housing prices are rising too quickly?

Asked by Blanca Dover, Camarillo, CA Sun May 5, 2013

Answers

4
Yes, they are rising too quickly. This is a very emotional market, where buyers are over-paying because there are just not enough homes on the market for all the buyers who NEED to buy. There will be an adjustment when inventory increases, but these are just normal market cycles.
Hi Blanca,
It is all about supply and demand. When you have low inventory, low interest rates and high demand the prices are going to go up fast. Even though appraisals are not always meeting sellers expectations. We should be seeing more listings as sellers are seeing more equity in their homes and want to put their homes on the market.
In a way, it really doesn't matter what we think about it. Are they rising quickly? yes! Boils doing to supply and demand!

What I do know is that today's buyers are extremely well qualified and worthy of owning a home unlike the price in the 2203-2006 period.

Yes, send me your email and I will send you a chart adjusted for inflation from a major financial magazine showing from 1880 the highs and lows of each market.

With this and about 10 other factors I called the top of the 2006 market and the turn of the 2012 market.

Al Goldberg Broker
800-765-3609
ALYourBroker@yahoo.com