jim, Both Buyer and Seller in Jackson, MS

will it effect a seller if a buyer does not pay for property tax before end of this yr??

Asked by jim, Jackson, MS Fri Dec 20, 2013

lawyer handed the buyer the property tax bill that came from the seller after the warranty deed was sign over from seller..on the property tax bill has the name of the seller..will it effect a seller if buyer does not pay property tax on time which ends this year..buyer was under a contract for deed and has paid off all balances except the property tax..seller did not have the buyer do an escrow account..(a mistake)

If the buyer has paid in full and has the deed i would imagine that the seller is free and clear of the situation and has no further interest in the property. Now as I am a Realtor and not a lawyer the seller may want to check, but if I had completed the sale of property I had owned and the purchaser(now current owner) didn't pay taxes it wouldn't bother me at all. I may purchase the back taxes at the tax sale and make 12% (Alabama) interest when they do pay it off or get a tax deed and own it again if they dont pay for 3 years (Alabama).

Best of luck!
Web Reference: http://Aaronsims.kw.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 20, 2013