Home Insurance in Houston>Question Details

Mmt349, Home Owner in Houston, TX

what is the average cost per square foot to rebuild a home in the greater Houston area?

Asked by Mmt349, Houston, TX Sat May 26, 2012

Answers

9
Nasyim Segal’s answer
My experience in construction has lent me to believe that a good rule of thumb is $80/sqft. in most suburban neighborhoods. Once you get into the inner city Houston, and nearby neighborhoods that number can quickly jump up to $175/sqft. Land cost and comparable area properties will certainly assist you in determining your final budget.

Nasyim Segal, Broker Associate
Boulevard Realty http://www.SegalRE.com
It depends on several things....mostly size and finishings. I've seen homes built (excluding the lot) for $80/ft and I'm working with a friend of mine that is building in Memorial for $250/ft. The average for a very nice home runs between $100 and $120/ft. The location and cost of the lot are a huge variable. Lots range from $16,500 in the suburban market to over $1,000,000 in Memorial and closer in.

Best of luck to you!

Chris Schilling
Broker
Turbo Realty
$100/SF if you use a builder/general contractor to manage the construction.
It can very greatly depending on quality of home your looking for. Many other agents have said $100 a sqft, but the neighborhood your in could have a big influence on the cost as well.

Some less upscale communities might allow the home to be build for far less than $100 a sqft. Neighborbhoods that typically have nicer features in their homes such as higher ceilings, upscale floorings like hardwoods and upgraded kitchens can push that dollar amount to $100 or higher.

Speak with some remodeling companies and your insurance agent to see what they say and this should give you a ballpark figure. Good luck with the rebuild!

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty
Less than 100 dollars should be fair.Call the builder that you will use just to make sure.Custom builders charge more.Do your home-work before you start building.
Less than a dollar should be fair.
Less than a dollar should fair.
Average is about $100/sqft. But if you want any custom work it will go up from there.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 26, 2012
My insurance agent told me last year that it is $100/sf.