Home Insurance in Portland>Question Details

Bbr2012, Other/Just Looking in Portland, OR

what does home insurance cost?

Asked by Bbr2012, Portland, OR Thu Mar 8, 2012

Answers

4
Lana Lavenbarg’s answer
There are many different amounts that your insurance could cost! It will depend on the value of your home, the amount of coverage you want for your personal property. If you can work with the home and car insurance together on the same policy, you may also get a discount. So, as you can see prices can vary all over the place. You might be at $300 a year for a mobile all the way up to $2000 for an expensive home in the area I am in.
I am not sure what your house is worth or what you want to insure as a rider which covers other more expensive electronic equipment, expensive bikes but house insurance for basics I would say $500 -$900 on the upper end and you can increase that with extra liability coverage and bundle up with your car the more things you cover under one policy the less expensive it will be. Email me and I would be happy to give you my agents name, I switched and saved $700 because I had coverage on so many things compared to the old pricing of insurance.
Tom Inglesby, Broker
RE/MAX Equity Group
Hi there. Mine is with Kristine Wiseman at American Family Insurance. Awesome customer service and she has beat everyone's rates for both my home and car. People switch to her all the time when I tell them to call her!

Kristine's #
503-636-0200

Tracey Hicks
All Things Real estate & Dwell Realty
Call the folks that you have your car insurance with, they most likely cover home insurance as well.

HLR