Home Insurance in Florida>Question Details

Jerry Mason…, Home Buyer in Florida

property insurance for part-time home in Sarasota County, FL?

Asked by Jerry Mason Ohio, Florida Sun Feb 12, 2012

What kind of property insurance rates are there for a typical 2,000 sq ft home in SW Florida?

Help the community by answering this question:


Call the local AAA Insurance office and they can give you quotes from various agencies. You can also go to http://www.floodsmart.gov and type in the address of the property that you are interested in. It will give you the flood risk, a range of rates, and insurance companies to call. There are a lot of variables such as age of home, build of home, roof type, hurricane shutters, etc. Usually when you buy a home you get a home inspection and have a wind mitigation inspection done. The wind mitigiation will allow you to get the discounts for the features that he home has.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
Green Lion Realty, Port Charlotte, FL
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 13, 2012
I suggest you open the phone book and start calling agents for insurance quotes. It isn't fun but you will have to do it to find out what is available.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 12, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer