Home Insurance in Florida>Question Details

ed, Both Buyer and Seller in Cincinnati, OH

my father just passed away and the ins company said that the policy is over. I am executor and beneficiary of his entire estate. Temporary insurance?

Asked by ed, Cincinnati, OH Tue Jun 11, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:


I am sorry to hear about your loss and now your additional headaches dealing with the insurance. I was the executor of my ex-husbands estate on behalf of the children several years ago and ran into a similar problem. The end result was I could place a tenant in the property to get homeowners insurance or I could pay a higher premium to get a vacant property policy. Feel free to reach out to me if I can be of further assistance.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 12, 2013
For the past 14-years I've belong to a wonderful service that gives me access to top attorneys without worrying about the high hourly fees. Check out: http://www.gotbob.net and feel free to contact me for any questions.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 18, 2013
You need a vacant home insurance policy. As the executor you can place insurance on the home until you decide what to do with the property. We have a few products to help you out if you are interested. Sorry for your loss and I hope things go well for you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 12, 2013
are you referring to the homeowner's insurance has expired? If so, you should be able to get another policy. As executor of the estate (as long as you are the sole executor) and the home is part of the estate, you have the authority to buy a new insurance policy for the property. You should get this in place ASAP. You know about Murphy's Law.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 11, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer