Lee, Home Owner in Spanish Fort, AL

is insurance high in spanish fort?

Asked by Lee, Spanish Fort, AL Thu Apr 26, 2012

Answers

5
Shelia (Pompey) Ratliff’s answer
Hi Lee,

GREAT QUESTION and as stated below, there is no really one answer to this question. I suggest to my buyers to get quotes from three to four insurance companies PRIOR TO MAKING AN OFFER. We have been surprised at the difference in quotes. . . I am sure you will see the same.

Our weather conditions NORTHERN and SOUTHERN Alabama and actually all over the US can vary. I have found that homes built under code can however make a considerable difference in your insurance rates; regardless of location. I would suggest that you take a look at the building codes and make sure that the home that you are buying is up to code or has been brought up to code to lower your cost. Spanish Fort is a great area. . . MY HOME TOWN. . . Just look closer at the construction and get QUOTES. Some lenders also have dropped the requirement for wind. . . however this is a RISK that you will have to take if you are financing the home. . . BEST TO YOU....Call me if you do not already have a Agent representing you!
Insurance is typically lower in Spanish Fort than other part so the county as insurance rates are lowest north of I-l0. Insurance rates are also based on age of home and your credit score. An old roof can really increase your rate. Make sure you get a quote from several companies.
The closer you are to the ocean, the higher insurance premiums will be. This is due to wind coverage. If the property is in a flood zone, then that will demand a higher premium for the flood insurance. You should expect to pay more in Spanish Fort than you would in northern parts of the state.

Rodney Mason, NMLS #151088
Sr Loan Officer
Prospect Mortgage
825 Juniper St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
Office: (404) 591-2453
rodney.mason@prospectmtg.com
Apply Online at http://www.rodneymason.com
Licensed in Alabama & Georgia

Prospect Mortgage offers a full selection of mortgage programs including:
Conventional | FHA | FHA 580-639 FICO | FHA 203K Renovation (Streamline & Consultant) | HomePath® | HomePath® Renovation | HomeStyle Renovation | VA | USDA | GA Dream | Jumbo Financing
There is no set answer for this question. There are many factors at play such as age of home, square footage, roof age, proximity to the water, and of course prior claims and credit score are also pertinent.

If you have a home that is older and you are trying to get your insurance down, there are some things you can do that will likely cost you money up front, but may repay you over time. Your best option is to speak with a couple of insurance companies and get a quote.

I can supply you with a list if you want to email me directly.
There are so many variables with the cost of insurance including; the age and construction of the home, the distance from the bay, your credit score and