Home Insurance in 49969>Question Details

Maykat87, Home Seller in 49969

i am currently selling my mothers home who past away the insurance she had on the house will be expiring soon i cant not reinsure through the same

Asked by Maykat87, 49969 Mon Apr 5, 2010

company do to it be unoccupied and i was told that i would have to get unoccupied insurance is this true?and does anyone know an afforable insurance comp. to go threw in Michigan?

Help the community by answering this question:


You can find insurance, but no matter through whom, it will be expensive for a vacant house. If there is an alarm system, that will help a bit. Perhaps short term tenants can also cut your costs.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 6, 2010
Personally I have used State Farm for vacant homes in Michigan. I don't think my agent would serve Watersmeet though, so see if there is a State Farm agent locally.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 5, 2010
Maureen Fran…, Real Estate Pro in Birmingham, MI
You must look into the laws and insuracne acts in Michigan. I have never heard of such a thing in Illinois. If you pay for insurance and have not had any claim issues. What does it matter if it is occupuied or not the home is what you are insuring not the people in it. What ever the amount difference is for occupied or unoccupied I would pay the difference to be safe. Ask your attorney and have your insurance agent send you all information. Good Luck
Web Reference: http://www.maryjodaly.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 5, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer