Home Insurance in Denver>Question Details

Ferngully, Home Buyer in Denver, CO

how much dose house inserence cost on an average.?

Asked by Ferngully, Denver, CO Sun May 22, 2011

Answers

8
Donald Stevens 909-428-0503’s answer
$400-$1200 is the average. There are a lot of factors that determine your rate. You should shop around and get some quotes so you can make a more informed decision. I would try the usual suspects like State Farm, AAA, Allstate, and make sure to add in an independent agent or two. With a company like State Farm you are either going to be the perfect canidate and get a great rate or your not a fit and the rate can be extremly high. An independent agent will have access to multiple companies but not the captives like AAA. Let the companies know you are checking their competitors so they will put their best foot forward to win your business. We always encourage our clients to shop our rates expecially when our rates are so hard to beat!
In the Denver area, I have seen the average rates around $50-$75 per month for a house under $250k. Insurance rates are highly negotiable in Colorado. Make sure the agent will give you the same rate in year 2+, and try to "rope" you in as a customer with a low rate in the first year and bump you way up later.

Try Rick Mann American Family Insurance, 303-280-3346 He treats all of my clients very well.
The best way to get a accurat estimate is to talk to a insurance agent that you trust. That being said 100 dollars a month is pretty good number to use. If you need a recommendation on a insurance agent feel free to contact me at Myfirsthousedenver.com.
It is going to truely depend on how much the house is worth, how much personal property you own and will insure and the type of area you live in. On average insurance could be $600-800 for a home $200-250,000. If you live in a high fire danger area, on the coast, high waind or mudslide area it could double. Everty insurance agent gives free quotes, simply call one or log onto their website and fill out the free quote forms.
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
To add to Dan's post, your insurance rates are also based on the age of your home, size of your home, value of your home and whether systems (HVAC, roof, etc) have been updated. Your best bet is to talk with several local insurance companies to have them give you a quote. In Denver, I have used Chris Ramel from State Farm for 9 years -> http://online2.statefarm.com/b2c/sf/agent/06/1663

If I haven't talked with the insurance company yet, I usually use $1000 a year for insurance when estimating payments to a client.
Ferngully,

I have seen houses for up to $400,000 get insurance for under $100 per month. As a real estate agent in Denver Colorado I can offer you my expertise to guide you through the entire process of buying a house. My services for buyers are free of charge and for no obligation.

Ethan Besser

Ethan Besser, CDPE
Certified Distressed Property Expert
Broker Associate
Keller Williams - DTC
Cell: 303.856.8980
Fax: 303.539.4809
Ferngully,
Insurance rates vary based on the company; the levels of coverage, the area you choose to live in and even your credit. As a lender I often used $45-$50 per month for an average home with average coverage.
You can do research online, talk to some insurance brokers and get some quotes.
A $200,000 house around 2000 sq ft, single story costs ne $700 a year with Farmers

David Cooper! Las Vegas Foreclosure Investor in Bank Owned REOs with Huge Cash Flow. for Freee List email: davidcooper@lasvegaswinner.org or Call +1-7024997037