Rosanna G., Home Buyer in San Bernardino, CA

how do you find out what your home insurance rate will be? property taxes fee?

Asked by Rosanna G., San Bernardino, CA Thu Jun 11, 2009

i want to use a mortage calculator to find out what we can expect monthly when we purchase our home.

Help the community by answering this question:


If it is a standard SB house built in 1950's 1200 sq ft you can figure approx 4-500 a year. email me the address at for a quoteI will email it back to you. I have an independent insurance agency with 15 years experience. I can quote for Mercury and my favorite because of the excellent coverages is Allied Insurance. Hope this helps....
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 10, 2009
Hi Rosanna, if you are looking to get "ballpark" figures use the following:

To estimate annual property taxes use 1.25% X Sales Price
To estimate annual hazard insurance use 0.35% X Loan Amount

Proposition 13 limits the taxation of property to 1.2% of a property’s assessed value (as a Buyer this is the sales price), PLUS any special assessments and improvement bonds approved by the voters. Property tax increases are limited to a 2% increase in the assessed value of the property per year.

Best, Steve
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 11, 2009
Free Quotes available on line or at our website:

Sold a policy in LA county last week. Zipcode 91324 year built 1950 1500 SQFT house was Dwelling replacement $300,000 , 300,000 liability $1000 Deductible the rate was $818.00

Also insured one in North Hills 2000 sq ft house built in 1960 Dwelling replacement $420,000 , $300,000 liability $1000 deductible $1027.00

Hope this is better to assist those looking for average rates quotes.

Rancho Simi Insurance has several companies to choose from 888-581-2128 or try a quote on line at

Call us with the home or email us the address we will send you a ruff estimate on the price

Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 19, 2011
Hi Rosanna,
I agree with Donald about insurance. That can vary greatly company to company. As for property insurance, the base rate is typically 1%. From there cities and counties will add to that for things like vector control, utilites, etc. This link may help you if you are looking in San Bernardino County:
I hope that helps.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to call or visit our website shown below.

Pat Palmer-Broker/Realtor
Forefront Real Estate
Forefront Mortgage

154 W. Foothill Blvd #A308
Upland, CA 91786

Phone: 909.286.1301
eFax: 909.912.8002
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 11, 2009
If you are working with an agent who wants to win your business then you can get quotes on a property before you buy it. You just can't insure the property until you own it. Good luck.

The Home Insurance Specialists
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 11, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer