Scapes, Other/Just Looking in San Francisco, CA

cost to replace flooring per square ft

Asked by Scapes, San Francisco, CA Tue Jul 17, 2012

Answers

6
I have seen flooring for as little as .99 per square foot,
but you know what they say about getting what you pay for.

If you hit a medium, you would pay about $3 sqft and you can probably add $2-$3 for installation.

We got PERGO in our last house and we loved it; it was easy to keep clean, didn't dent, and showed no wear after 4 years. I highly recommend.
The story goes that Europeans would put Pergo in their rental, and take it with them when they moved.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 17, 2012
Hey there Scapes,

A bit of a tough one to answer considering the different types of flooring. I would suggest calling a couple different flooring companies to speak to some of their reps and hopefully set up a free consultation.

If you're looking for referrals on contractors that can help you further I am happy to help.

Gabriel
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 17, 2012
As mentioned below, it depends on what type of flooring. I would recommend NOT using any kind of laminate - it may be cheaper but it looks it. We have an outstanding flooring guy who can install 3/4" oak and stain whatever color you want for about $10 per sq ft. If you want a referral contact info is below.

Lance King/Owner-Managing Broker
lance@fixedrateproperties.com
415.722.5549
DRE# 01384425
I think if you are putting new Hardwood floors in you are looking at closer to $6-7 per sq ft.

Tap
It would depend on the material and a number of other factors like the condition of the sub-floor and what is in place now.
Why don't you call a flooring company and ask the same question, at least that way you can be asked all the pertinent questions to get a ball park number.
Jed Lane; Fog…, Real Estate Pro in San Francisco, CA
What type of flooring are you going to use? Between carpeting, hardwood, tile, marble or tempered glass and heated or not, you could be looking at between $2-50/sqft for material and labor.
Web Reference: http://www.archershomes.com