Home Insurance in Dallas>Question Details

Inge Moore,  in 31401

What kind of insurance do you need when you purchase an apartment?

Asked by Inge Moore, 31401 Thu Aug 30, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


Normally just renters insurance. It covers your contents of the unit and will take care of things should you have a problem. It's pretty cheap as insurance goes.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 30, 2012
Renters insurance. You are responsible for insuring your personal belongings contained within the apt. Generally a premium is just pennies a day. If you do have a special collection or items of particular value you may want to consider an additional rider to cover those items. Speak with a reputable insurance agent for the best plan for your situation. Bottom line, its affordable peace of mind.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 30, 2012
Check with an insurance agent or broker for an apt insurance. You might consider asking about getting replacement value of things such as a computer, plasma TV for example or other things that might not be covered. It's a good idea to get that.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 30, 2012
Just renters insurance. Call your local agent and they should be able to assist you. If you have found your new apt, they may belong to a insurance group that list most apts at a discounted rate.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 30, 2012
Thank you very much. Even if you are not a renter but purchase an apartment?
Flag Thu Aug 30, 2012
Hi Inge,

Yeah I had a confo for many years before I moved to a house. You will only need content insurance to covers your personal property. Although I was recommend to check with the HOA to double check what it was covered under the blanket insurance. You might want to get extra coverage at times. Sometimes it worth to have extra coverage for 10 bucks more a month.

JP and Associate
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 30, 2012
Just renters insurance. Pretty simple and cheap.


0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 30, 2012
I agree with Tom, renter's insurance should cover your personal items; however, it is always recommended that you contact an insurance professional for further advice.

Feel free to contact Brian Carey at Home Team Insurance for a free, no obligation quote.

Brian Carey, Ph: 469-556-0190

Tell him Mike Brownstead referred you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 30, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer