Home Insurance in 78382>Question Details

Pumpkin, Other/Just Looking in 78382

What is the tax rate for 78382 and home ins. running for the area per $1,000.

Asked by Pumpkin, 78382 Sun Jan 23, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:


Thank you for this informative post. I just want to share a good source for tax forms and tutorials - PDFfiller. It has a ton of Tax Forms and business templates. It helps me fill out a needed form neatly and gives me the option to esign. http://goo.gl/yoGwr2
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 23, 2015
Check out http://www.aransascad.org for the most up-to-date and correct information. We have several taxing authorities in the Rockport and Aransas County area. You just never know if you could be subject to M.U.D or other taxes.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 28, 2012
Home insurance speak with your agent

Property tax rate refer to county tax office

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 24, 2011
Lets address this 2 part question beginning with TAXES. The 'tax-rate' doesn't tell the "whole-story" with respect to: how much would you pay on a particular property. Exemptions affect the 'answer' considerably. Homestead, over 65, disability...to name a few. In addition, a property owner who has lived in their HOMESTEAD for an extended # of years pays LESS than a neighbor whose property may be 'valued' the same, but because it's a 2nd home without ANY exemptions, could be 'taxed' at the same rate but on a 'higher' taxable value. So, answering the question 'tax rate' doesn't exactly give you a clear picture of what you'd pay on a property. The BEST way, is to call the Aransas County Appraisal District 361.729.9733 to ascertain what deductions you might qualify for to determine an estimate of what your taxes would be on a particular property based on the 'previous year's assessment'-since the TAX RATE has not been set for 2011.

INSURANCE: Most likely you'll want quotes on windstorm, flood & 'regular' homeowner's insurance. Quotes on windstorm can vary depending upon whether the structure, i.e. roof particularily has a "windstorm certificate". Flood insurance premiums are affected by the property's elevation. Typically an elevation certificate is ordered at same time as the survey to determine Flood Zone A, B, C with "C" being the HIGHEST elevation. Therefore, properties located in the "C" Zone are less than "A" zone. In addition, a "Clue" report is obtained along with your credit report to determine insurance rates. It's best to contact an insurance agent to discuss the rates once a property has been identified because the answer can vary significantly.

I'm sorry I'm not able to give you more of an EXACT answer to your questions. There are just tooo many variables that can affect the outcome. Hope this helps.
Lynn Johnson, ABR, CRS, REALTOR
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 24, 2011
Taxes can vary in the same zip code. It depends on a lot of different things. Homeowners insurance will vary depending on the coverage you want and is less dependent on the zip code unless you are located in an area with a high crime rate.

Don Groff
REALTOR | Mortgage Broker
Keller Williams Realty | 360 Lending Group
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 23, 2011
You can look up property taxes here: http://www.taxnetusa.com/

As far as the insurance you need to talk to a licensed insurance agent that can give you a better idea.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 23, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer