Home Insurance in Seattle>Question Details

Firsttimebuy…, Home Buyer in Seattle, WA

What is the best way to go about finding home owner's insurance?

Asked by Firsttimebuyer, Seattle, WA Wed Mar 10, 2010

I've learned that I need it, and need it fast! I think my brain dozed off during this part of the class. I could spend the next 12 hours calling each and every insurer and providing them the same redundant information.. but is there a better, easier way? Thanks!

Answers

4
This is who I use. Mike Senger is a Broker, meaning he will shop the different companies for you and find you the best rate! Hope that helps!

HUB Northwest, LLC
Michael Senger
Office: (425) 489 - 2124
Cell: (425) 256 - 1411

"One phone call for all your insurance needs!"
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 10, 2010
Call your auto insurance and ask them what they can do for you. A lot of the times someone you've been doing business with already can do a better job and out price any competitor
Friends and Family will offer some of the best recommendations. My best results have always been with local agents for larger firms. I have had little or no experience with internet companies and have an unfounded concern over their ability to respond in a timely fashion. I have had the same agent for nearly 20 years and his ability to respond quickly to every situation has always been a comfort to me. Best of luck!
There are some Internet sites that will quote based on bids from more than one company. Link to one of them provided. I have found that the best pricing usually is a small local insurance office. Insurance offices in the best locations or have the most advertising may not provide the lowest price.
If you dislike using the telephone you can gather email addresses for several insurance companies and email the property information to them all in one communication.