Home Insurance in 44319>Question Details

Steele389, Home Buyer in Akron, OH

What is the average monthly cost of homeowners insurance required for an FHA loan? What is the average cost of homeowners insurance per month?

Asked by Steele389, Akron, OH Mon Jun 11, 2012

I have been pre-approved for an FHA loan, and I'm trying to figure out how much my total monthly payments will be before I make an offer on a house so I don't get in over my head. I have figured in the taxes, PMI insurance and the monthly payment on the loan itself including interest. I can't apply for a homeowners insurance quote given that I don't own the house. Can anyone give me a general idea of how much a monthly homeowners insurance payment would be for a 1200 SQ. FT. home in 44319 zip code with the minimum required coverage?

Thank you!

Answers

3
Dear Home Buyer in Akron, OH-
I cannot answer that with accuracy but my co-worker, Angie Spicer financial manager at Howard Hanna can. She would be more than happy to explain that to you and give you some numbers. She is easy to talk to and will help any way she can. Please call her at 216-973-8962.
I would be more than happy to help you find some homes in the Akron area as I am a full time realtor. Call/text 330.322.8289. :)
Just noticed your per month part of your question. That would be $30-$200 a month.
The average cost is between $300-$2500. Replacement value of home, your personal insurance score, and the type of policy you buy will affect your rate.