Phong Lam, Real Estate Pro in Philadelphia, PA

Need some contacts for Licensed Roof Specialist who will issue a roof certification for reasonable price

Asked by Phong Lam, Philadelphia, PA Fri Jun 8, 2012

Hello Agents,

How are you? Hope all is well! I have a buyer who request for a quote from his homeowner's insurance company that he wants to use for his house to be settling soon and they are requiring him to get a roof certification for the roof because the buyer sent over the home inspection report and they want the roof to be certified.

Can someone provide me with some good licensed roof specialists that are able to certify a roof for a low cost? Thank you very much for your help!

Best Regards,

Help the community by answering this question:


Doug Gungor’s answer
Frank "The Roofer" Armentani

267 349 0000

Doug Gungor
Coldwell Banker Preferred-Old City

223-225 Market st

Philadelphia, PA 19106
Cell:(267) 455-2613
Office:(215) 923-7600
Fax:(215) 554-6363
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 8, 2012
Thanks, Doug!
Flag Fri Jun 8, 2012
Phong -
It is very common for insurance companies to require roof certifications for flat roof homes in this area. They are looking to identify 2 major things- the type of roof and the age of the roof. Some insurance carriers will extend or exclude coverage based on the type of roof covering. The life expectancy for a hot tar roof is only about 5 years or so and the insurance company doesn't want to extend coverage for a roof that wasn't properly maintained. The other types like a rubberized bitumen or a silvercoat covering can last sometimes last over 20 years which decreases the likelihood of a claim occurring. And if a reputable roofer installed the roof it will normally come with a warranty that could could last the life of the roof.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 30, 2014
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer