Home Insurance in 34229>Question Details

Sherrie Bald…, Real Estate Pro in Richmond, VA

My wind insurance from Citizen's will be cancelled because the house is vacant. Who are alternate dependable sources for wind coverages?

Asked by Sherrie Baldwin, Richmond, VA Mon Oct 5, 2009

Also our fire insurance will be cancelled for the same reason. Any suggestions? Also, house is a Lee Wetherington house, 1326 Thornapple Drive, and is built very well.

Help the community by answering this question:


I don't know the answer, but here is another web site to look at.

Good Luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 9, 2009
Why is home vacant? Are you renting ? Have you consider locating a family who can live there pay little rent however maintain home just a suggestion you don't need insurance cancelled. Many times families leave furniture in home stage it has lived in undetermine all your particulars

National Featured Realtor and Consultant, Texas Mortgage Loan Officer, Credit Repair Lecturer
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Lynn911

0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 8, 2009
Hello Sherrie,

I sell properties to MANY out of state residents. They have all come up to this insurance challange. The way we get around the issue is to add a friend, neighbor, relative or Realtor as a caretaker or local representative on the property. I also have a "Vacant Home Caretaker" who visits vacant homes once a week for a small monthly fee. Insurance companies will cover properties if you have a local caretaker visiting the property for you.

Faye Doyle, LLC
RE/MAX Alliance Group
2000 Webber Street
Sarasota, FL 34239
Cell: 941-504-7496
Fax: 941-954-5455
Email: fayedoylellc@gmail.com
Website: FayeDoyle.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 5, 2009

There is a wonderful website that offers the names of local companies and posts their current insurance rates. Consider taking a look at it.


Or consider contacting Chris Lyon for a quote 941-320-7077

Good luck
The Eckler team
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 5, 2009
Good Morning Sherrie.....The house being vacant will be problematic with numerous insurance carriers but suugest you call Florence Conlan at Ludwig Walpole Insurance, 487.1252, fconlan@ludwig-walpole.com. She at times seems to be able to do the impossible. Let me know if I can be a further assistance.
Best Regards,
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 5, 2009
Hi Sherrie,
Here are a few choices for you:

Bankers Life and Casaulty Co. 941-928-7551

Oswald Trippe & Co. 941-552-5606

Pope Insurance Agency. 941-475-6766

Roberts Ins. Agency. 941-485-5686

Visionary Ins. Group Inc. 941-480-1556

Hope this helps and good luck.

Mike Putnam
Coldwell Banker
331 W Venice Ave
Venice, FL 34285
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 5, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer