Sibi, Home Owner in Farmer Insurance, Ro...

My home was built in 1960, but it has been greatly renovated. How can I get affordable home insurance?

Asked by Sibi, Farmer Insurance, Round Rock, TX Thu Mar 10, 2011

New wind mitigated roof. New heating and cooling system. Electrical updated and is 80% brick. No flood zone area.

Answers

5
The best way to get the lowest possible price with homeowners insurance for dwellings over 20 years old is the following:

-Upgrade the heating (boiler), electrical, plumbing, and roofing of the structure. Many companies will not write a policy with these systems not being upgraded in over 20 years as the home will be a claim waiting to happen
-Contact an insurance broker, who will have access to companies that will write policies for older homes. Shopping on your own with the hundreds of home insurance companies in a given state will take the homeowner forever to get comparative quotes

Hope this helps.
You need a good agent that has a relationship with the underwriters and will go to bat for you. This is difficult though because there is only so much they can do. Basically find an agent you trust that has a lot of experience. Send the agent your renovation updates for every single thing you did. Including plumbing, electrical, roof etc. Good luck!
Web Reference: http://atlantainsurance.com
To get Affordable Home Insurance you have to get inquiry to various insurance company so you get the idea that how affordable insurance you get for your home insurance, i know one company which provide a good affordable home insurance that company name is ICICI Lomabrd so please visit its website and get your home insurance quotes..

Best of Luck..
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 14, 2011
Hi Sibi,

Try my contact at Chisolm Trail Financial, Angela Martin. She will cross check rates with 12 insurance companies. Email Angela at amartin@chisholmtrailfinancial.com for more details.

If you need a realistic home value, let me know.

Greg
Hi Sibi,

I would talk with several companies. I have an insurance broker that I refer a lot of clients to and he is always able to get them the coverage they need at the best price. He has always beaten everybody he was up against and offered the absolute same coverage with reputable companies. If you would like his information please let me know. He is based in Austin.

Don Groff
REALTOR | Mortgage Broker
Keller Williams Realty | 360 Lending Group
512.669.5599
listings@dongroff.com