Kathleen Ang…, Real Estate Pro in Los Angeles, CA

My clients are having trouble getting homeowners insurance for houses we are looking at in the Sherman Oaks Hills.

Asked by Kathleen Angelini, Los Angeles, CA Wed Apr 17, 2013

Any suggestions for a good insurance company to offer as a alternative?
4 out of 5 of the houses I've offered as listings where not covered by Farmers, and they also tried different carriers.

Answers

5
Hi Kathleen,
I hate when that happens. Try California Insurance Specialists at 800-231-4619. They have been able to help me with a couple of tough ones.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 17, 2013
Thank you very much Skip!
Flag Thu Apr 18, 2013
Is it becuase they live in a High Brush area? Many of the standard carrier's won't and will not write those high risk policies. I have a few different options for you. You can email me wael@casurance.com and I can see what I can do to help.

323-546-3030
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 17, 2013
My best suggestion is for you to contact an insurance broker who works with a number of companies. I suspect the declined underwriting is occurring because of the high fire risk danger in the Hills. If you cannot find a company to write the policy, the California Fair Plan ensures that all property owners will have access to insurance. Their website is: http://www.cfpnet.com/

Hope this helps.

Meredith McKenzie
Associate Broker #01142186
Podley Properties
626-344-9755
arroyolover@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 17, 2013
Only Problem with the Fair Plan is that it doesn't off Liabilty protection, Theft, leaking roof coverage or sudden pipe burst and you can't add jewlry or expensive toys to the policy.
Flag Wed Apr 17, 2013
Try MERCURY

I left Farmers for them years ago!

Best of Luck to You!

KAwain Payne, REaltor
Try Heather with Farmers 323-379-5433.