Home Insurance in Queens>Question Details

Kenneth Powe…, Other/Just Looking in Queens County, NY

Insuring a 2-family house

Asked by Kenneth Powers, Queens County, NY Wed Apr 24, 2013

What can I expect to pay for homeowners insurance on a 2-family house? I'll be living in one unit and renting out the other. Many of the listings I've seen say the houses are around 1500 square feet.

Help the community by answering this question:


You have a specialty insurance need. Your home is not a homeowners policy because you have a tenant and its not a landlord policy because you live at the home. You need to find a broker that specializes in insuring properties in your state. You could give Burns and Wilcox a call and they may be able to help you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 24, 2013
For an accurate picture of costs contact a few local insurance companies and ask for a free quote based on your needs, then go from there....
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 24, 2013
I guess that is my only real option. Thanks for replying.
Flag Wed Apr 24, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer