Home Insurance in Rosenberg>Question Details

Sandor Lau, Both Buyer and Seller in Eugene, OR

I'm looking at buying a place in Rosenberg, TX. I'm not familiar with the area, but I see it's just a few blocks from the river, right

Asked by Sandor Lau, Eugene, OR Mon Dec 14, 2009

near Brazos park. Do I need to be worried about flooding? Is insurance going to be expensive?

Answers

5
Francisco De Leon’s answer
I sold a house last year that required flood insurance. It was several miles away from the river. It was located near a creek. The flood insurance was about $600.00. The river has a high bank and in the 10 years I have lived and worked in the area the river has never come out of it's bank. I wouldn't worry or I don't worry. I live in a different community 2-300 yards from the same river and have never had a problem. I hope this helps.
We have our home for sale. Posted on Zillow and Craig's List if you are interested in viewing pictures and price. Very nice home, only 2 years old with a swimming pool and many amenities. Located in the Oaks of Rosenberg, 5207 Stoneridge Court, Rosenberg, Tx 77471
Depending where you buy, some places are closer to the river than others, and there are properties in the floor way and those in the flood zone. I am a resident in Rosenberg and I also have client who bought their house in Rosenberg and the FEMA insurance requirements are different. Let me know if I can be of assistance in locatiing a place that suit your needs.
Yun Hilliard

Keller Williams Realty Southwest
Sugar Land, Tx 77478
(713) 291-5129
Sandor, I think that web site is http://www.freeflood.net!
Hey Eugene, check out the website http://www.freeflood.com, enter the info of the house you are considering and that should give you some good info to go by. A survey is probably the best bet, so you may want to ask your agent(if you are working with one), if the sellers agent has the existing survey. Flood insurance is probably around 1000 bucks for the year, so its not crazy and will give you the peace of mind knowing you are covered! Hope this helps, if you have any questions feel free to give me a call.

Jarrod Atteridge
Boulevard Realty
713.677.4410
jarrod@yourblvd.com