Home Insurance in Pensacola>Question Details

joefearsnoth…, Home Owner in Navarre, FL

I'm considering moving to the Pensacola area to retire but I am worried about the cost of homeownwers insurance rates. Can someone give me?

Asked by joefearsnothing, Navarre, FL Mon Mar 5, 2012

some idea We will be moving from Louisville,Ky

Answers

4
The newer the home and the further away from the water the less expensive your insurance is going to be. There is a "magical line" that runs through the area called I-10 homes above this area are going to have a lower insurance rates than those below with few exceptions. In Florida we are primarily concerned with up lift of roofs from wind. That is why we have some really stringent standards in building code especially for roofs..Most of those began after Andrew and then were reinforced after Ivan so if a roof has been put on since then chances are the roof can have a wind mitigation inspection and pass with flying colors( Which can reduce even an older homes rate). What is really interesting is that even some late 1990 homes have quite a few of the standards that would later became law. I particularly like to give my clients several independent agents name that will shop for the perfect policy for you. But sometimes you are quoted one thing by one company and a drastically lower one by another....the real important thing is compare apples with apples. The link below is a blog I wrote that gives insight into learning what all the terms Insurance Providers are going to use...please follow it because you will not believe the terms you will hear.....
Your rate will depend upon the home and it location. If you buy an older home you can have an inspection, get mediation and if it has all the tiedowns, etc, you will get a pretty good rate. I have an older home and my rate was cut about half with the work (not expensive) and the mediation. carmenresmondo@cox.net
Excellent question and a good answer thus far. There are many factors which can vary the cost of home owners insurance. However, there are some excellent deals out there as well. I have clients with rates as low as $48/mo on a 2000 sq ft home. Yet, many pay more including my small 35 year old home ($130/mo). There is a wealth of information that could save you over $100/mo., which equates to about $22,000 in sales price.
I would be happy to help you pursue your home and connect you with the right insurance agent for your needs.
Hi! My husband and I grew up in Evansville and so the insurance question is a signifacnat one in comparison. It is hard to narrow down but I would say count on at least 2 1/2 times what you pay in Louisville. It is contingent an many factors that vary widely here from exact location of the home, proximity to a flood zone, the age and the hurricane standards that the house may or may not meet. We also personally carry flood insurance even though we are not in a flood zone. If the roof is breached and "flooded" from rain, we want coverage. For us that is and extra $250 a year. In a flood zone it will be required and signifcantly more. Hope this helps. If you have more specific questions, I would recommend calling Prudential insurance- Tim Wise (850)932-0846