Home Insurance in 11372>Question Details

Pierre20.com, Other/Just Looking in Jackson Heights, Que...

I just bought a sponsor unit coops apt. Unfortunately i just got a call from a aparment below that his bathroom ciling is leaking. what should i do?

Asked by Pierre20.com, Jackson Heights, Queens, NY Tue Sep 7, 2010

Help the community by answering this question:


Joseph Hastings’ answer
Hello Pierre. What your question infers is, who is responsible for the repair of the leak and any damages to the shareholder in the apartment below you.

I strongly suggest that you contact you Attorney to discuss the problem. What I can say is usually a problem within the walls is something the building super can repair and this should fall squarely on the shoulders of he building. If this problem occured due to on overflowing bathtub, it would be on you alone.

In short, you are responsible for any problems within the apartment. The building is responsible for anything that occurs in the building. Good luck. I'd love to know how this pans out.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 10, 2010
Is there a super in the building, if so contact him/her and see if the source of the leak can be located--if not, ask a board member for the procedure
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 7, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer