Home Insurance in 95112>Question Details

Sam H, Renter in San Francisco, CA

How do i buy a house in san jose?

Asked by Sam H, San Francisco, CA Mon Apr 16, 2012

Answers

11
Buying a home anywhere can seem overwhelming. My experience shows the best way is take it one step at a time.Think it through, decide whether you want the responsibility of a single family home that normally entails upkeep including yardwork, painting, fences. Many first ime buyers are used to renting where all those responsibilities and expenses are on somebody elses shoulders.A condominium or townhouse with monthly payments to a Homeowners Association takes care of all the exterior maintenance including the roof and any community amenities like pools, tennis courts, play areas for children. The next step is to have an honest talk with a reputable loan Officer to get pre-approved. There are many types of good loans available so be sure to discuss the pros and cons of each type. This should be done before you look at any homes. There is nothing worse than to fall in love with a house only to find it's out of your price range. That spoils you and every house you look at in your correct price range will be judged against your first "love"
Once you know you have your financing all lined up, you can start looking at homes. Call a Real Estate Broker that specializes in the area you are most interested in. Check out the areas to see how the commute to work would be and also the schools in the area. Each School District can provide you with info on how the schools scored.. Even if you don't have school age children the district will affect your resale value. Be prepared for a huge stack of papers to sign all thru the escrow period. Your Broker will go thru all the disclosures and inspection reports with you and if there are any unusual quirks help you decide if you can live with them. While you're doing all this paperwork, your Loan Officer will be getting all the final loan conditions ready so you can get your final loan documents. There are several more steps to finish up then the Deed will be recorded and you get your keys.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 16, 2012
Buying a home in San Jose can be tricky. Agents in West San Jose do business drastically different than many agents in East San Jose. Where in San Jose are you interested?

Jim Mauldwin
Intero Real Estate Services
408-863-3020
DRE # 01125380 since 1991
Web Reference: http://jimmauldwin.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 16, 2012
Hi Sam,

Great question. You have received several spot on answers to help you with the buying process any where you should choose to purchase a home. Being pre approved for your loan is very important in the present market and will be of great value to you and your agent. The next big step is to find a good Realtor to assist you. The home buying process has many facets and it is very hard to explain it all to you in this forum. Find a good Agent and I am sure that he/she will be able to educate you so that you can make a very informed decision regarding the purchase of a home.

Good Luck,

Jim
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 16, 2012
Well first of all you should choose a realtor to work with. There are many of us right here on trulia that work your area of interest. Next you need to see a lender to get a pre-approval letter and also you will be able to see what you can comfortably afford. Then we put in a property search for you based on what you have for a criteria and what you can afford. Then we view the homes that possibly meet your crieteria, put in a bid on the one you want and if it is accepted we are in contract and we go from there.
That is the basic's of how it works, there is more to it than that, but that is the gist of it.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
At your service,
Allyson
408-705-6578
allyson@homesbyallyson.com
Certified Distressed property Expert
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 16, 2012
I'd love to answer that for you, but it will take much longer than a quick post here. I offer you a free 1 hour consultation where you and I meet and you receive a book at the end of the meeting.

If interested drop me an email
Web Reference: http://www.terrivellios.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 16, 2012
My first question to you is why are you buying in San Jose?
Hi Sam,

The first step is to get pre-qualified with a mortgage lender. The process is fairly easy and fast. You will need to gather income/asset documentation and seek advice on the programs available based on your down payment percentage. There are plenty of options. I am new to blogging however, I may have an article that may give you my perspective.

Once you have been prequalified, you may start shopping a Realtor and home. There are many experienced Realtors in San Jose. I recommend finding one that is an expert in the area you are interested in. They can provide valuable advice beyond writing a contract and submitting an offer.

I recommend talking to a few before you make a final decision. Get comfortable, work with someone you think can trust and assess their ability to help you! These are just the basics and a starting point to your question. Hope my perspective helps! For more details...Don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Ivan Diaz
Home Mortgage Consultant
idiaz@lhfinancial.com
(415) 271-7740 direct/cell
Thank you for your question, Sam:

The question of how to buy a house in San Jose requires an answer the size of a small textbook.

I recommend that you select a REALTOR to represent your interests. Your REALTOR will essentially handle the process for you.

Charles Butterfield MBA
Real Estate Broker/REALTOR
American Realty
Cell Phone: (408)509-6218
Fax: (408)269-3597
Email Address: charlesbutterfieldbkr@yahoo.com
DRE#00901872
It is easy, get loan approval first and than find a buyer agent.
Web Reference: http://www.homenet123.com
Contact me and I'll I will be happy to show you the process . thanks
408-529-8826 or email me at lramos@apr.com
Hi Sam, the home buying process consists of basically 5 steps.

1. Get Pre Approved
2. Find a Home
3. Write an Offer
4. Do Inspections
5. Close the Deal

For more details on each part of the home buying process check out my first time home buyer blog at http://bayareaconnect.com/buy-a-home-step-1/

Other things you may be interested in are the average amount of closing costs http://bayareaconnect.com/average-closing-cost-amounts/ and what makes up a monthly mortgage http://bayareaconnect.com/06/09/2011/what-makes-up-a-monthly…

If you have any other questions please give me a call at (408) 840-3852 or shoot me an email at Thomas.Feng@gmail.com

Have a great day Sam.
Web Reference: http://BayAreaConnect.com