Question Details

Sharon Lawson, Other/Just Looking in New Richland, MN

How do I get information about a particular house? I need updates to the roof, heat, elec and plumb for insura

Asked by Sharon Lawson, New Richland, MN Thu Mar 12, 2009

I need this information for an insurance quote. the location of property is 120 Division St W New Richland MN 56072.

Help the community by answering this question:


Hi, typically you can get this info from the seller of the home, if they have it. I'm not aware of town hall keeping track of updates like that, but your area may be different. Town hall in my area usually on records structural additions, sq footage increases, central air, and only if they are made aware of the changes. These questions are standard and will help you get you a better rate if the answers are satisfactory to the insurance company.


Christopher Pagli
Licensed Associate Broker
Accredited Buyer Representative
GREEN Designated Agent
William Raveis Legends Realty Group
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 1, 2011
You can check with your city hall. Updates to heating, electrical, and plumbing require permits. Doesn't always happen but you have a chance. Also the tax assessor for the city or county may have information they gothered to assess what to tax that property owner. Those are two methods I use. Also have the agent come and inspect the property, they may not know the exact date by looking at those things but they can communicate to the underwriter the condition of the home and hopefully the underwriter trusts the agent.

The Home Insurance Specialists.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 4, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer