Home Insurance in Park Place>Question Details

Unload, Other/Just Looking in Park Place, Houston,...

How can you find out if a homeowner has insurance on a property or not without having to deal with them?

Asked by Unload, Park Place, Houston, TX Thu Jun 24, 2010

Answers

13
My sister let the insurance cancel on my mothers house , she told the rest of us that she got another insurance company. She will not tell us the company name and says she will pay the bill. How can I find out if she has gotten another insurance policy on the house.
Generally, if the house still carries a loan, the mortgage company requires you to have insurance on the house. If that is the case, you could check with the bank and see if they can help.
Persis Behramsha
REALM Real Estate Professionals
713-294-7747
Persis.realtor@gmail.com
Flag Sat Mar 28, 2015
How can you find out if a dual owner has insurance on your property? Without them telling you.
Talk to your own insurance agent about this problem. Let the professionals do their job.
Flag Mon Jan 13, 2014
I own a dual property with my sister. I can not get farm bureau insurance without her.They are going to cancel the insurance because it is vacant after parents passing. What can I do.She will not respond.
What kind of insurance? Fire insurance? Theft insurance? Liability insurance?

Are you thinking about suing someone? If so, get the advice of an attorney, since you will need one to file suit on your behalf anyway.
No I simply want to know if i can get a policy on my own.
Flag Mon Jan 13, 2014
There are ways to find this info out without involving an agent, or asking the owner. Yet, I'm curious why you'd not simply ask the owner, since that's the cheapest and quickest option.
You can not without involving the owner/owner Realtor.

Generally, if a home has a mortgage, then there is a high probability there is insurance coverage on the property as required by he mortgage lender.

Hope this helps you.
If you are renting or leasing the property you should obtain insurance coverage for your personal items - The owner should have coverage for fire, etc. If you are purchasing the property-insurance should be obtained by you prior to closing. Not sure the reason for your concern unless you are leasing the property- then get renter's insurance -any insurance agent can help you with that. Hope this helps???
Hi, that sort of information is confidential and usually only disclosed during the contract process. You should try to find out through your agent the specifics of the property. If you dont have one I will be more than happy to assist you.
You should probably check with your agent. They probably have a way to find out.

What is the situation?

Most people will have insurance.
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
This is a need to know situation. If you need to know, then the homeowner will disclose.
That is confidential information controled by the homeowner. Only they have the right to disclose or give permission to their insurance to disclose. Question back to you .. would you want all your insurance information open to the public to see?
I am a owner of the property also. Dual owner.
Flag Mon Jan 13, 2014
I agree with Don. If there was more information as to the circumstances, someone might be able to advise regarding a solution.
Not exactly sure. Why are you wanting that information?
I don't know about her, but I need to know as there is disputed property and I have been paying the policy. They might have it too and I don't want to pay double.
Flag Tue Mar 11, 2014