Home Insurance in 08260>Question Details

sailcara, Home Buyer in Wildwood, NJ

Homeowners insurance, 08260

Asked by sailcara, Wildwood, NJ Tue May 29, 2012

Looking for a homeowners policy for the Jersey shore town North Wildwood,

Help the community by answering this question:


Ian A. Wolf, ABR SFR’s answer
Personally, I would avoid Lloyds of London. I filed a claim with them over a year ago on a fire and I still have not been paid. I know others that have had problems too. They have been a nightmare to say the least. However, this is the best insurance guy I know. You could probably use just about anyone, just make sure whoever you go with doesn't underwrite it with Lloyds:

Gregory Yost
Insurance Rep
The Chadler Group
ph(973) 227-0025 ext 136
fax(973) 227-4026

Hope that helps.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue May 29, 2012
NJ Mfger's if you are affiliation with gov't in any form or your company belongs to a credit union..

Search Short Sales and foreclosure Deals at http://www.BuyNjShortSales.com

Larry Sarlo
RE/MAX Preferred
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 15, 2013
I would suggest calling a local company since they are the most familiar with our area. I would suggest J Byrne Agency, 5200 New Jersey Ave, Wildwood 609-522-3402

Good Luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 15, 2013
One thing you will want to inquire about is the location and the property elevation. Since the new FEMA flood maps are still in flux you may want to err on the side of caution and find a property not located in a "V" zone.

I have a few good links for info regarding the new flood insurance concerns.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed May 8, 2013
Shopping around is the best answer. Make sure that the policies are comparable so you can see what you are actually paying (apples to apples) and who is providing the "better deal". I have clients who were able to get a better deal by attaching the policy to their current homeowners policy and some that it cost more. If you ever have to file a claim for whatever reason I strongly recommend using a Public Adjuster. Let them make the initial call to your insurance as they know exactly what words to avoid ie: flood. Yes they do take a percentage but from personal experience (I had a sump pump failure in my basement) they make sure you get paid in a timely manner. I would of called my insurance company and pretty much said my basement is flooded because the sump pump failed and they would of denied me because I don't have flood insurance.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 28, 2013
200,000 combo dwelling fire DP3 and 2 w 500,000 liability policy will cost you approx 1500 to 2000

1000 deductible. plus windstorm deductible
unless you live there and then you can obtain homeowners policy.

just bought one so i know.

Try Coastal and J byrne agency ... lloyds of london coverage.

Search foreclosures and short sale here: http://www.BuyNJShortSales.com

Search the MLS on your phone by Text: In the subject line on your mobile phone- LSAR1 -to number 87778 ... hit send... A GPS feature for listings at your finger tips

Larry Sarlo
RE/MAX Preferred
609-868-1171 call / text / email 7 days
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue May 29, 2012
Call IKM Insurance. They're located on Long Beach Island, but cover all the Jersey shore towns. Speak to Cathy at (609) 494-9200
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue May 29, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer