Home Insurance in Largo>Question Details

Mary Snyder, Other/Just Looking in Seminole, FL

Home owners imsurance

Asked by Mary Snyder, Seminole, FL Thu May 30, 2013

If citizens insurance drops a home owner and the. Home. Still has mortgage. What happens next in florida?

Answers

2
If your insurance company drops you, you must shop around and find new insurance fast. Otherwise the mortgage company will find a company of their choice and sign them in as your insurance, costing you hundreds or thousands more than the price you can get on your own. Don't wait for that to happen. Was this answer helpful? If so please click on the "green thumbs up" or the "best answer".

Tony Vega
Antonelli Realty
Mary,

Typically if you are insured by Citizens and they are going to drop you they have already found a replacement company for you. It may be more than your current insurance with Citizens and you have the right to shop around for others. Let me know if you want the names of some insurance companies to get quotes from.

I feel an informed client makes the best decisions regarding their real estate needs. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Pam Cohn
Broker Associate, GRI, SFR, NHS
Real Estate Consulting, Marketing & Sales
Prudential Tropical Realty
2539 Countryside Blvd #3 Clearwater, FL 33761
pcohn@prutropical.com
727-204-7155