Home Insurance in 07857>Question Details

Wats63, Home Owner in 07857

Home Insurance in New Jersey that will cover underground oil tanks

Asked by Wats63, 07857 Mon Jan 30, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


Wats63 their is noe HOI that will cover such. You can see if you can get a an existing Oil tank insurance policy ftransferred over to you uipon puirchase of a new home, but I don't believe it's possible to buy a policy for a home that currently has no coverage. Check with your oil provider if they know of any insurers writing new policies.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 31, 2012
Home owner's insurance does not cover underground oil tanks or any leaks, seepage, or ground contamination. You will have to purchase a separate policy to specifically cover the underground oil tank. Home owner's insurance usually covers ground water contamination in the event of a leak from an underground oil tank.

Additionally, if you purchase a home, you will have to show that the tank is not leaking and that there is no oil contamination anywhere near the underground oil tank before you can obtain both a home owner's insurance policy and an underground oil tank policy. (See http://www.atstrust.com/sn/home-buying-and-selling)
Web Reference: http://LewCorcoran.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 31, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer