Home Insurance in Fremont>Question Details

First Time H…, Home Buyer in Fremont, CA

Flood insurance in Fremont.

Asked by First Time Home Buyer, Fremont, CA Wed Feb 3, 2010

I am purchasing a home in Fremont, we are about the close but only know I found out that the property is in a highrisk flood zone. The lender is now requiring me to get flood insurance. I have checked w Fema and it will take at least 60 days for them to re-access my case. Have any of you been in this situation? What are my options? Isn't most of Fremont considered high risk flood zone. I am seriously considering walking away because I am afraid I will not be able to sell it later. Any advice?

Answers

2
I lived in Fremont in the 80's and I don't remember this being an issue. If you really want to live in Fremont then get some quotes for flood insurance. Otherwise you may have the same problem elsewhere in Fremont. Sometimes, home ownership can seem daunting to a first time home buyer with all of the new responsibilities. You will have to weigh the pros and cons. Also, if you walk away from the transaction you may loose your deposit.

Ask some of your friends and neighbors who live in Fremont, it may be a customary thing to carry flood insurance on your home.

As far as re-sale value, if everyone is required to get flood insurance in Fremont then it is probably not going to affect re-sale value.
*******
*****
***
*
Web Reference: http://www.soreal.biz
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 4, 2010
Flood Insurance for California inquires can be researched thru Floodsmart.gov website. This will determind if you are in a flood zone. As for way to reduce the rate or tweek it to make it more affordable we can help you with this.

Flood zones & Flood Insurance are zoned & priced by the Feds. We have some data that can help you do a self accessed flood zone determination to possiblly get you in a preferred flood zone rate.

If you would like some assistance please call us for a Free Flood Insurance Quote and further details. We also provide Homeowners Insurance for a great rate also.

888-581-2128
Rancho SImi Insurance Agency, 1611 Los Angeles Avenue Simi Valley CA 93065