Bauhaus, Home Buyer in Philadelphia, PA

Estimating replacement value for homeowners insurance policy

Asked by Bauhaus, Philadelphia, PA Mon Jul 9, 2012

In applying for homeowners insurance I'm at the stage where I need to determine the replacement value of my house and so I'm seeking advice on whom to hire to assess this. Would an architect, general contractor or appraiser be best suited for this task - and how much should I expect to pay for this service?

Answers

1
Most insurance agents will determine the replacement cost for you when providing a quote. I would bet that if you contacted another agent for a quote they would give you a replacement cost estimate. If you would like to do one yourself I am aware of a website by Marshall & Swift http://www.accucoverage.com/ where you can estimate the replacement cost for yourself for around $8. We are not affiliated with this company but we do use them with some of our companies to provide replacement cost policies for our insured's.

Donald Stevens