Home Insurance in 90059>Question Details

Anna Brown, Home Buyer in Gardena, CA

Closing escrow and my lender of course requires homeowners insurance. How much would this typically cost in the 90059 area?

Asked by Anna Brown, Gardena, CA Thu Apr 25, 2013

The house is 1350 Sq Ft. built in 1944. Any recommendations for a good insurance agency in this area would be appreciated.

Answers

4
If you would like to compare mutliple companies in California please visit our site at MyInsuranceNerd.com. We offer quotes from 30 companies real time online and you can purchase the policy from us. We will send the insurance documents to closing and they can pay us out of closing if that is the preferred method.

You can also refer your real estate agent to our office and we will provide them with a quote and write the policy if it is a good fit for you. We specialize in insuring various types of properties so we can write houses being rehabbed, landlord policies, multifamily, brush zone, earthquake zone, and flood zone properties. And of course we write regular old homeowners insurance policies. Good Luck.
Hi Anna,
I work with a very knowledeable agent and would be happy to pass your information along to him if you would like. Just shoot me a quick email and I will get you in touch with him.

Julie A. Horvath
Area Manager
Northpointe Bank
555 Metro Place North, Suite 320
Dublin, OH 43017
NMLS ID: 563029
julieh@northpointe.com
866.901.3570 phone
740.602.3320 mobile
866.901.3571 fax
I would ask for a recommendation for an insurance agent from your agent/broker, but I would guess around $150 - $200 per month
Assuming the property is a single family home and not a condo you can figure 0.3% of the purchase price as a budget figure. You will need to prepay for a full year coverage at closing. I would check with the company that insures your auto as you can get a better deal when you bundle.