Home Insurance in Louisiana>Question Details

Stephanie, Home Buyer in 70301

Can we purchase a home warranty AFTER buying a new home, and NOT at the closing?

Asked by Stephanie, 70301 Thu Nov 5, 2009

Answers

3
You absolutely can buy a home warranty after the purchase. Home Warranty of America has some great plans for homeowners. You can check them out here - http://www.hwahomewarranty.com/

Good luck and congrats on the new home!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 6, 2009
Thanks for the answers! That 's what I thought, and this is yet another lie that I caught my agent in. When I told her that we were not getting the home warranty for the closing, and that we probably would get it later, she told me (rudely, i might add) that i CAN'T get it later. But between getting answers from you guys and also calling the home warranty company that she wanted me to buy from, I did become educated as to what I can really do. Thanks so much!!
You bet. Try American Home Warranty or Home Warranty of America. They both offer warranties for existing homeowners.