Home Insurance in Dallas>Question Details

Potter, Home Owner in Dallas, TX

Can I find the price I paid for my home in 1996?

Asked by Potter, Dallas, TX Tue May 8, 2012

Answers

7
The North Texas Real Estate Information Service we all dip into for MLS goes back only until 1/1/2002.

A few stray are available (maybe 5) from 2001 and 2000, but all the rest were archived long ago, including 1996.

Alternative methods to find a price you paid are to look in the deed records and see if they happened to record any information at that time, but it is difficult to look them up without knowing more, like the address.
Maybe....send me the address and I can try to look it up for you.

Bruce Lynn
rb@teamlynn.com
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
You can come close if you know how much you put down if you financed by going to public records and finding your deed of trust filing showing how much was financed. Hope that helps. Should you need specifics or need anything else do not hesitate to call, text or email me.

John Greer
United Real Estate
214-460-8381
jgreer@unitedrealestatedallas.com
http://www.johngreerhomes.com
Hi Potter, sorry Kevin - that information is not listed on the CAD. Texas is a non-disclosure state, unless a buyer tells the CAD what they paid the CAD does not know. Calling the title company you closed at may help, but the file is so old they'll make you pay for the information. And it would have to be the title company you closed with - they won't be able to pull your purchase price from public records - they'll be able to pull the original mortgage amount, but not the purchase price.
Yes you can check you local tax appraisal district. Very simple and can even be done online.
County tax records or your mortgage lender

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
That information should be listed on the CAD. If not, a title company can run a search for you. I can help put you in touch with some title companies I know who can obtain that info for you quickly and efficiently

Kevin D. Brown
KDB Properties
972.379.8931
Kevin@kdbpropertiesdfw.com