Home Insurance in Fairhope>Question Details

Richard Kapl…, Home Buyer in Lake Worth, FL

Any relief in sight for Fairhope residents paying high windstorm insurance rates. Are costs less east of 181 than to the west?

Asked by Richard Kaplan, Lake Worth, FL Sat Jan 19, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3092038151-19739-Quail-Creek-…

Answers

2
Judy Niemeyer’s answer
Richard,

Insurance rates are less east of 181. As to rates, at this point we have not seen a decrease. Regardless what this owner is paying, you need to get a quote. I would suggest calling Matt or Andy Malone at Malone Farmers Agenecy in Fairhope, 251-990-4000. They can give you a more accurate estimate. Myrick Agency is another group that can give you a quote, 251-517-5600.
Hi Richard, You really should contact and insurer or insurers to get the answers about rates and whether east of 181 would be less than west of 181.
Personally, I think decent rates can be found based on lots of different issues - age of the property for example.
Good luck...