sueahrend, Home Buyer in Golden, CO

zip code 78665---what is the market for sellers in the next few months?Better to put house on market now or wait till first of the year??

Asked by sueahrend, Golden, CO Thu Oct 3, 2013

Answers

7
Might want to post your question in the appropriate zip code...
When you are ready to start your search for a new home in CO please keep me in mind. I specialize in the foothills west of Denver (Evergreen, Genesee, Golden & Lakewood) and appreciate the opportunity to compete for your business.
Actually I do mean 78665, Round Rock, Tx I have a home there I need to sell soon then relocating to Co.
That would be great!Don't know anyone here.
Flag Fri Oct 4, 2013
I would be happy to send you the names of some great agents in Round Rock. They would know the market there better.
Flag Fri Oct 4, 2013
I presume you mean Golden, 80401, not 78665, Texas?

Here are single family home sales numbers for MLS area JFW, Jefferson County West, which includes Golden 80401 plus other Golden zipcodes:

2011 2012 2013
Jan 28 40 39
Feb 27 29 37
Mar 40 39 75
Aprl 37 55 55
May 55 67 90
Jun 44 82 86
Jul 54 79 73
Aug 75 57 70
Sep 46 58 67
Oct 62 61 --
Nov 39 57 --
Dec NR* 42 --

*NR = Not Reported (44 Est)

Not sure if this post will hold my formatting so I apologize if it doesn't. As I said, these numbers are for all of JFW. Contact me if you'd like more specific numbers. I can do by zipcode, by price range, by home size, age or whatever parameters you wish.

Also, this just represents homes sold. I can also show the number listed, days on market, average prices, etc.

You tend to see fewer buyers in winter months but since there are also fewer listings, buyer choices are more limited. Also, folks braving the cold & weather to look at homes during this time of year tend to be more serious buyers. Not too many Fun outings when it's snowing. Looking at it from that perspective, there's an argument to be made that your chance of selling on a number of potential buyers to available listings is higher in the so-called 'Off Season.'

BK
It is a great time to sell right now. It is hard to predict where the economy is headed but interest rates will go up. Therefore fewer buyers will be able to qualify.

I would love the opportunity to come look at your house and give you an idea on the value. No cost or obligation......just let me know what is convenient for you.

Marilyn 720 530 0591
This time of year tends to see a slight dip in inventory available to buyers which could be a bonus for sellers whereas the buyers that must make a purchase due to job transfer, etc will have less to choose from.
The market does generally slow down from Thanksgiving through just past the new year.
It depends on what you want to achieve? If you're wanting to use the proceeds from the sale to buy into another property then the price of that property will likely rise and fall with the market along with the one you currently own.