Heather &lani, Home Buyer in Westminister, Lehigh...

would like to know about resttrictions in cape coral neighborhoods,ican we have pick-up trucks in driveway,can we put up more outside buildings, how?

Asked by Heather &lani, Westminister, Lehigh Acres, FL Wed Sep 22, 2010

do we know which neighborhoods are mostly caucasian?

Answers

4
Cape Coral is a deed restricted community. Commercial vehicles are not allowed to park in residential neighborhoods. There have been instances where a home owner was able to get a permit for a small shed, but for the most part this is not allowed. You would have to check with the builing department to determined what is allowed.
As to the second questions? Professional Realtors do not provide this type of information to buyers.
The advice you have been given so far is correct - you can park a truck in your driveway but it can't be a commercial vehicle and in most cases you could have another building such as a shed as long as it is properly set back. Years ago you could not even park a truck in your driveway at all but things have changed over time and now you can.

We can not discuss things such as which neighborhoods are mostly white, black etc...however you can learn a great deal yourself by driving around neighborhoods during the day, evening and weekends. Keep in mind that regardless of where you live you can't control the neighbors - people move out and new people move in so things can change over time just like the issue with trucks did.

If you are not working with a Realtor® feel free to email me at leecountyrealtor@earthlink.net or give me a call at 239-707-4575. I have lived in Cape Coral for over 20 years and know the area extremely well and would be more than happy to assist you with your home search. We have some really great buys right now so if you are considering Cape Coral as your next home it is a great time to buy!

Terry McCarley / Remax Realty Team
Heather,

You can park a pickup in your drive but it cannot have magnets/vehicle wrap/etc signifying it as a "commercial" vehicle - this is any home in Cape Coral regardless of whether or not it's in a gated community. Outbuildings vary depending on size and location; i.e., waterfront/dry lot. A shed would be acceptable on just about any lot as lot as it is located within the setback requirements (20-25 feet from back lot line/7.5 feet from the side lot line).

As far as your last question, that's not something any Realtor who follows federal law and the code of ethics will ever answer. The only thing I can recommend is to do some research on demographics online.

Feel free to contact me if I can be of help. Have a great day!

Danielle Sharp
Sharp Homes
Office 239.541.5363
Cell 248.207.4445
sharphomes@yahoo.com
Web Reference: http://www.mysharphomes.com
If you are buying in a community you need to get a copy of the homeowner or condo documents which will answer those questions. If a neighborhood, check with the city building code enforcement department to clarify things. Good Luck!