Home Buying in Bangor>Question Details

everetta_win…, Home Buyer in Bangor, ME

would a commute from Lincoln to Bangor for work be too hard in winter? What are roads like there?

Asked by everetta_winchell, Bangor, ME Thu Sep 20, 2012

Answers

5
Back in 1974 I lived in Llincoln, and I would not suggest commuting to Bangor in the winter. Consider the cost of gasoline and what kind of vehicle you will be driving. I hope a 4 wheel drive. Also Lincoln is very different from Bangor. Do you like hunting, fishing, snowmobiling, and country-western music?
If you do, you will fit in fine. If not, try to live closer to Bangor.
Marie Keane
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 7, 2012
My friend lives Lincoln and her children go to school in Bangor. She did this every day mon-fri. there was never a problem as the roads were clear. Commuting would be fine if you are comfortable with the drive. Lisa
Everetta,
Many people make that commute. You should plan on 45-60 minutes, depending on your starting point and destination. The trip is mostly on I-95, which is well maintained, but can be difficulty in blowing snow. US Rte. would be your alternate route. It is also well maintained, but slower.
Please let me know if I can be of further help.
Bud Farwell
Quinn Agency
292 Hammond St.
Bangor, ME
Cell: 944-5869
Hi, I guess that depends on what you're used to and where in Lincoln you are. I95 between Lincoln and Bangor is pretty well taken care of although, during heavy snow storms the speed is often reduced. If you're on a main, town road the travelling would be a matter of judgement on any given day. Just like anywhere in Maine, there will be times that you might want to wait until the storm subsides and the plows can catch up.

Diana Downs, Realtor®
ERA Dawson Bradford
417 Main St., Bangor, ME 04401
C - 207-735-6988 F - 207-941-9866
dianadowns@eradawson.com
http://DianaDowns.com
http://facebook.com/Diana.Downs.Maine.Real.Estate