Home Buying in Harrisburg>Question Details

Karen, Home Buyer in Brooklyn, NY

will be retiring soon from nypd.....looking fo a home in PA, thats near a little city life, would harrisburg be the city?

Asked by Karen, Brooklyn, NY Mon Mar 4, 2013

Answers

9
Depends on your definition of a little city life. Philadelphia and Pittsburgh are larger cities and along with that there are many more activities available. I have lived in Harrisburg all my life and I do enjoy the area. I would be happy at any time to discuss the are with you. 717-512-1937.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 4, 2013
try looking into hamburg,pa
Harrisburg, Pa...good choice. Our area has a lot to offer.
I have a home for sale in the suburbs of Hbg. It is a great area where you get as much city life and suburban life as you want with a short drive. Our property is located near shopping, nestled between Hbg city and Hershey and is in walking distance to an orchard and horse farm.
We are interested in selling but would be open to renting or lease to purchase.
It is 3000sq ft, 4bdrm, 2.5 bath, 2 car garage, and more.
It is an amazing, friendly neighborhood mixed with retirees and young families that also offers organized activities for the neighborhood such as parties, game nights, etc.
If interested email me chelli7452@gmail.com
Hello Karen
You cant ask for a better city to retire in or near. There is so much to do here. Nightlife in the city,hersheypark in the summer,hiking, biking, outdoor concerts and much much more. Not to mention close proximity to all major highways, which lead right to Baltimore, Philadelphia and NYC. If you are looking for a great place to retire and are considering building a new home, look no more. Felicta Resort is only 10 minutes from downtown Harrisburg and is tucked away in between two mountains. We have golf, lodging, restaraunts, and a california style spa. We currently have 26 wooded lots ready to build on. For more information please visit our website www. felicita resort.com or contact me

Eric Burger
Development Coordinator
Felicita Resort/ The Homes at Felicta
717-480-8740
When you talk about living close to a City you can live outside the City and have excellent access to what it does have to offer. Cumberland County has many great amenities to offer as well and an easy commute to the city if you desire to spend time there. You have great access to major interstate highways and the PENNA Turnpike from the Carlisle area and trips to NYC, Washington D.C., Baltimore, Philadelphia and even Pittsburgh can all be accomplished from my area within 1.5 - 3.5 hours. Great fishing, hiking via the Appalachian Trail, trails for bike-riding and even horseback riding as well and rural areas abound in Cumberland County. If interested in learning more about the benefits of life in Cumberland County feel free to give me a call (717)448-1391 or via email williamrudge@howardhanna.com
One of the nice things about the City of Harrisburg is the city life it offers, such as Riverfront Park, Restaurant Row, Fort Hunter Park, Metro Park on City Island, cultural events and wine/beer and music festivals throughout the year, to name a few. Additionally, Harrisburg is in close proximity to other major metropolitan cities such as Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington, DC, Pittsburgh, etc. Interstates 83, 81, 76 & 78 provide easy access throughout Central PA and the eastern region. There are beautiful homes in the City of Harrisburg as well as outside of the City of Harrisburg that provide easy access to city life. As a retired law enforcement professional myself, I can appreciate the benefits that City life has to offer because I made the decision to retire in the Harrisburg area also. I would be more than happy to help you with your home search in and around the City of Harrisburg. You may contact me at marcyrobinson@howardhanna.com, 717-645-6122 or 717-920-9700 ext. 223. Thank you for considering the Harrisburg area as a possible place to retire to.
Harrisburg is a great area.
We are close enough to Philadelphia and Pittsburgh so you can visit large cities and we have a lot of smaller local communities as well.

Please feel free to give me a call on my cell phone (717)623-3328 anytime and we can discuss your needs in greater detail.

What precinct did you work out of on the Police Force?
My cousin Bobby Corino was on the NYPD before becoming a Fire Fighter.

Jim LaSalla
I would certainly say so! Low crime in most areas, beautiful landscape, lots of things to do, and only a 3 hour drive to NY, 2 hours to Philly, 1.5 hours to Baltimore, 2 hours to DC - centrally located! Feel free to give me a call or email to get you started finding a low-priced home here too, as the cost of living is low as well. 717-623-6451 or haroldwilsonjr40@gmail.com