Home Buying in Miami>Question Details

elsaelenacr73, Home Buyer in Miami, FL

whymost of the properties listing in trulia has already a contract ? the website lost its purpose

Asked by elsaelenacr73, Miami, FL Fri Oct 11, 2013

Answers

18
The Realtor's MLS is the most updated. Information then runs all over other websites. Ask a Realtor for updated info.
No, this website has not lost it's purpose. It's purpose is to sell advertising to lenders and real estate professionals. PERIOD!
-
Now, what Manuel failed to make clear is the data appearing on Trulia does not come from the REALTOR (r) supported MLS. Data on Trulia comes from LISTHUB. Both Listhub and Trulia reserve the right to change, replace, substitute, surpresss, misrepresent, alter and modify data as it suites their business purposes. WAVGROUP reported 37% fo data on Trulia is faulty.
-
Why are you not using the FREELY available MLS through your local REALTOR (r) ?
If you are a serius buyer, do yourself a favor, get access to serous data resouces. The MLS is the rescource of accurate, timely, reliable, comprehensive, relevant, responsible data.
The choice is yours. Contact a Miami, FL Reator (r) for FREE access.

Best of success to you,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
What is your Dunedin, FL home worth?
http://www.MyDunedin.us
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 11, 2013
It is up to the agents to remove their properties on Trulia and other sites.
However, I had situations when I removed the property, but it was uploaded by another source (like Point 2 or ListHud) again.

Most accurate site is Realtor.com - however, I recently was looking for my own listings - and could not find it, opened a "case" with them - and was told that this was common and they were working on it...

So, nothing is perfect, you are right!

Hope this helps,

Irina Karan
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
IrinaKaran@gmail.com
thank you irina
Flag Thu Oct 24, 2013
Tobias,
It appears you waded through all 14 reponses preceding yours.
Thanks for the 'TWO THUMBS UP"
Below is a link to the source of my 37%. Like you, every call I receive from a buyer using Trulia or Z are from citizens chasing VAPORS!

REALESTATE WEBSITE ACCURACY – Professional vs Aggregate
http://waves.wavgroup.com/2012/10/03/real-estate-website-accuracy/
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 13, 2013
Annette, you certainly nailed it. A big Two-Thumbs-Up for the most honest answer! In my experience though, the "error" rate is even higher than 37%, more likely in the 50% to 65% range – based on my clients contacting me when they see something on Trulia (or the other site) which already has been sold or doesn't even exist. Yes, there are bait-and-switch offers on these sites.

So consumers, beware. Your Realtor is indeed your best and most useful friend when you are looking on Trulia or Zillow.

Tobias

Tobias Kaiser, MS, CIPS
Modern Architecture Specialist
Greater Fort Lauderdale Real Estate Broker + Consultant
Director, Fort Lauderdale Realtors Commercial Alliance
954.834.3088
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 12, 2013
The reason is the market with depleted inventory and extremely high demand from cash and financing buyers. So homes get under contracts immediately. Pending or sold listing are left behind on trulia site to match your interest with available, comparable property. If you need a direct daily feed with new listing, only active and available - please contact me at meg@viviendarealtors.com
Hello Elsa,

I have attached a link to my website below that I have for my clients. This website works directly with the MLS so it is updated instantly. This means every property you see has "available" status. You will notice a smaller number of properties but they will be the ones you can actually buy.

Working directly with an agent will take a lot of the guesswork out and it costs you nothing as a buyer or renter.

Best of Luck,
Manny Linares
(786) 277-8425
MannyLinares@gmail.com
There are a lot of properties that are available here on Trulia, if you are looking at the lowest prices in a particular neighborhood of course those are going to be gone as properties that are priced very competitively receive multiple offers first week in the market.

When a Realtor posts a property for sale on the MLS it will not hit Trulia for 48 - 72 hours, by that time there could be multiple offers on the property or the property may even be under contract. Lets say that Realtor places the property in pending sale status, then it will take the same amount of time for the listing to be updated on Trulia. THEN, there are the Realtors who never place their listings on pending sale status and sometimes not even on closed sale status, therefore Trulia is not to be blamed for the issue.

The solution to your problem is simple, give one of us Realtors that have so happily answered your question a call, so that you are first to know which properties come on the market, which are available and which are not.
Hello elsaelenacr73, I wouldn't say it's purpose is lost...It's just that there are so many buyers on the market right now and not as much inventory (homes). So as a property hits the market someone puts a contract. You can get a more up to date list from any realtor ;) Good luck in your search...
Hi Elsa,
as others have expressed, Trulia is a great site to give you a general idea of the market, but for a more up-to-date view you should contact your realtor and if you are not working with one at this time, please feel free to go to interactiverealty.net and if you find something you like feel free to contact me at any time.

Marcos F. Collett- Solberg
Interactive Realty
305 495-5380
Market is moving so fast and for that reason, you found all sold. Trulia for me the best, doing their purpose is to sell fast too.
Trulia is a FREE site, perhaps it should have a disclaimer saying "for entertainment services only", they collect information from LISTHUB and many other smaller sources and then combine and replicate this info for FREE. Also true is they don't update the info as regular as individual MLS's around the nation, because they don't pay for "up to the minute" information.

But they are really good at giving enough mixed data for users to explore communities, find trends, see inventory movement, etc. Then the user should use Trulia to select a local agent to work with, by reading their responses, their reviews and recommendations. Then that agent will provide buyers, also for FREE, upto the minute local specific information directly from the MLS and be there to answer every question with specific answers based on real local knowledge. This is the service Trulia could never provide and why Trulias function will always be to funnel buyers into the best agents in the area. Was this answer helpful? If so please click on "best answer" or on the "green thumbs up".

Tony Vega
Antonelli Realty
Dear Elsa:
That is when a qualified Realtor, like myself, comes into play ! We are professionally trained and highly experienced to help Buyers, and guide them through the process of getting a property, which meet your expectations, looks real good, and is priced within your budget. Give me a chance to guide you in finding your home ! Hablo Espanol, Falo Portugues.

Leonardo da Motta (Leo),
Broker Associate,
GRG Realtors
Miami, Florida
Cell: (305) 205- 8912
Fax: (305) 471-0885
Email: LeoMiamiHomes@gmail.com
Skype: nardinho2010
Thanks for your inquiry. I can understand your frustration ... you're searching on Trulia, find what appears to be a good deal to learn that the property is under contract or has been sold.

Trulia is a great tool to begin and keep abreast of what's going on in the market. It's also the optimal place to connect with professionals in your area to assist you with your real estate needs.

The best resource for locating properties as soon as they hit the market are real estate agents. Information Trulia post comes directly from us and our associations. A great real estate agent who's working to help you meet your objectives is better than a thousand websites.

Wish you much success in your home search.

Andre Shambley
The Andre Shambley Group
Decorus Realty
786-704-8482
GOOD QUESTION, I WOULD LIKE TRULIA TAKE ACTIONS SOON BECAUSE FOR US IS NOT GOOD WHEN CLIENTS CALL FOR A PROPERTY AND WE HAVE TO SAY: IS ALREADY SOLD OR THAT PRICE WAS LONG TIME AGO AND NOW IS TOO HIGH!!!

SANDRA CORONEL
FLORIDA CAPITAL REALTY
786 4684715
I HOPE WITH YOUR QUESTION, TRULIA, TAKE ACTIONS, BECAUSE FOR US IS NOT GOOD, WHEN A CLIENT CALL FOR A PROPERTY AND WE HAVE TO SAID: IS ALREADY SOLD OR THIS PRICE WAS LONG TIME AGO AND NOW IS TOO HIGH.

THANKS

SANDRA CORONEL
FLORIDA CAPITAL REALTY
786 4684715
The best deals go fast. Even waiting the time for the information to move from the MLS to websites like Trulia can cost you the deal.

I can send you a tailored list that fits your needs that has more up to date information.

Ann Ryan
Keyes Real Estate
7863327042
AnnMoffettRyan@gmail.com
Trulia's updates are not done as often as the ones on the MLS software. So if a contract is placed on a property, it might take Trulia/Zilllow, etc; up to 72 Hrs to reflect this change. Hope this helps.